Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Proposal

We're engaged! It's already been a month, but I am just now sitting down to write about it.

Cameron and I stayed in Chianti, Italy at the most adorable and quaint hotel surrounded by vineyards. It was a short stop along our travels in Italy, as we were only there for two nights. That morning we wanted to take a walk to a winery to do some wine tasting, but the roads were not very walker-friendly. We took a trail down into a valley, but it didn't seem like we were going the right way so we turned around and started up the road, but soon realized there was no room between road and guardrail, so we decided to scrap that plan and go back to the hotel and hang out. There was really no reason to leave the hotel anyway, since the views from there were spectacular and they had plenty of wine and cheese.








As I was reading my Kindle overlooking the pool, Cameron said he had found a perfect spot for us to set up my camera and take pictures. He led me down the path, just around the corner of the pool, and he was right... the view was incredible overlooking hills of vineyards. I grabbed my camera and tripod and set everything up. We were taking pictures and soaking up the view. We paused to embrace for a moment, staring off into the hillside, when all of a sudden I could feel his heart beating fast and before I could even finish a thought, he turned me around, got on one knee, and said, "Babe, will you marry me?" I was in shock for a moment with the squealing ohmygodreally?! kinds of questions, but of course I said YES. Because we had the camera all set up, we were able to get pictures despite a sleepy shutter :).


Checking the pocket...


 YES! (He's still holding the ring in this picture if you look closely. In all my excitement, I forgot that step two is allow him to put a ring on it!)

Excuse the chipped nail polish!

Yay!

Cameron went to grab prosecco and two glasses, while I sat in the hotel room admiring the ring. The immediate moments following the engagement felt like a wonderful glowing dream... drinking prosecco by the pool, gazing at the ring, and the excitement of now getting to call each other fiance. We also spotted our first praying mantis that was floundering by the edge of the pool, and took a short hike through the vineyards in the late afternoon sun. Chianti will now always be such a special place.













4 comments:

  1. AHHH ! What a beautiful engagement story!!! Congratulations to you both, you make a mighty fine couple :)

    xo staci

    p.s. and that RING!!! gaaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow.. how amazing.. congratulations

    ReplyDelete